Misconceptions about Blood Donation
- We normally do not feel drained or tired after donating blood.
- It is important to continue to drink fluids and have a good meal after donating.
- We can immediately resume all your normal activities immediately after donating.
- You can take alcohol normally on the next day of donating.We need not abstain or give up alcohol after donating.
- It is not painful to donate blood as against popular misconception.
- We do not faint or feel uncomfortable after donating blood.
- You cannot get AIDS by donating blood. Make sure disposable syringes are used and all measures are taken to keep you germ free.
- "My blood is common. I don't think there will be demand for it" - That is why the demand for your type is greater than for rare types.